Financial Year at a Glance

Pocahontas County 2013-14 Expenditures Summary

 

Pocahontas County 2013-14 Expenditures Summary
       
Average Monthly Expenditures
  General Accounts Special Accounts Totals
Salary with fixed costs             908,644.88           110,516.10                         1,019,160.98
Professional services               14,659.92             24,382.34                              39,042.26
Maintenance/Custodial               65,116.27               6,418.06                              71,534.32
Transportation                23,372.77             15,300.50                              38,673.27
Insurance                 9,966.23                          -                                  9,966.23
Travel                 1,561.69               7,334.04                                8,895.73
Capital assets                 3,608.28                          -                                  3,608.28
Instructional supplies                 2,831.80             60,348.93                              63,180.73
Mis expenses, advertising etc                    696.73                  148.77                                   845.50
Telephone and Internet                 6,770.34                          -                                  6,770.34
Food program                           -               26,202.51                              26,202.51
           1,037,228.91           250,651.25                         1,287,880.16
       
**Hillsboro Project not included in monthly average expense           104,194.30  
Notes      
**General Accounts are those that cover  the majority of daily expenses and funded by county funds and state aid. These funds are also used to
cover mandated requirements  for students but not funded through grants such as salaries, preschool and special education.
** Approximately 58% of general fund salaries are covered by state aid leaving the county to cover 42%. 
**Special Accounts have set budgets for specific allocations with funds from federal and state grants, such as Title I, Title II and Special Education.
       
2013-14 Summary of Annual Expenditures     
       
Expenditures General Accounts Special Accounts Totals
Salary with fixed costs        10,903,738.54        1,326,193.20                       12,229,931.74
Professional services             175,919.07           292,588.06                            468,507.13
Maintenance/Custodial             781,395.21             77,016.67                            858,411.88
Transportation             280,473.28           183,606.00                            464,079.28
Insurance             119,594.74                              119,594.74
Travel               18,740.27             88,008.46                            106,748.73
Capital assets               43,299.36                                43,299.36
Instructional supplies               33,981.61           724,187.15                            758,168.76
Mis expenses, advertising etc                 8,360.77               1,785.25                              10,146.02
Telephone and Internet 81244.12                                81,244.12
Food program             314,430.15                            314,430.15
Hillsboro Cafeteria          1,250,331.56                         1,250,331.56
Totals        12,446,746.97        4,258,146.50  $                   16,704,893.47
       
Revenues for 2013-14 12659443.53 4276781.21  $                   16,936,224.74