POCAHONTAS COUNTY SCHOOLS’ IKL-A
PERSONNEL ACCEPTABLE USE FORM
Pocahontas County Schools (PCS) encourages the use of technology to further its educational mission and to facilitate effective, leading edge educational practices. It is the general policy of PCS that all technology resources are to be used in a responsible, efficient, ethical and legal manner. As a technology user, I will adhere to all of West Virginia State Policy 2460 (http://wvde.state.wv.us/policies/ ) and PCS policy and guidelines (http://pocahontas.k12.wvnet.edu/boe/) including the following acceptable use guidelines. It is the responsibility of the individual user to follow these guidelines with all PCS technology when used off‐site and on‐site.
- I will abide by the Student Acceptable Use Form, Personnel Acceptable Use Form, Web Publishing Guidelines, and Copyright and Fair Use Guidelines.
- It is my responsibility to make sure students understand the Student Acceptable Use Policy and that they adhere to it. (WVBE 6.1.b)
- It is my responsibility to directly supervise students when they are using technology. Teacher monitoring is the first step in providing protective measures to block or filter Internet access. Monitoring, blocking, and filtering are protective measures to help keep all minors safe. (WVBE Policy 5.6.m, 5.6.n, 5.6.p 8.4)
- It is my responsibility to educate my students about appropriate online behavior, including cyber bullying awareness and response and interacting with others when online (chats, wikis, blogs, social networking, etc.) I will provide on‐going information to students about safe and acceptable uses of technology. (WVBE 5.6.q) o I will report that I am CIPA (Children’s Internet Protection Act) compliant. In Pocahontas County, we will use Common Sense Media to help teach and report. (WVBE Policy 5.6.n, 5.6.p, 5.6.q, 5.6.r, 5.7.g) (CIPA requires that K‐12 schools and libraries in the United States use Internet filters and implement other measures to protect children from harmful online content as a condition for the receipt of certain federal funding.)
- I will not share my WVEIS (WOW) username or password with anyone. When accessing WOW I will be FERPA compliant and will log out of WOW when task is completed.
- I will log out of Live Grades when I am finished or when I leave the room, in order to be FERPA compliant.
- It is my responsibility to keep educational files and email messages on a server ‐ to a minimum. (WVBE 4.4.a.6). I will use OneDrive to store files before using my network folder on the school server.
- I will not stream audio or video services during the instructional day. I understand YouTube may be utilized through my Webtop account and may use it if it is part of meaningful instruction.
- I understand there is no expectation of privacy when it comes to my ‘k12.wv.us’ email or any information stored on work computers or the server. They may be monitored or reviewed at any time by authorized personnel. (WVBE 5.8.b.3, 6.1.c)
- I must notify the appropriate school authority of any dangerous or inappropriate information or messages encountered.
- I may only publish student pictures or first names on my class, the school or district websites with the appropriate permissions. (Pictures may not be posted on outside websites including Facebook, twitter, etc.)(WVBE 10.2.c)
- I will use my ‘k12.wv.us’ email account for all school or job‐related communications. If my students need email for school projects, I will make sure they receive training and apply for a ‘stu.k12.wv.us’ account. (WVBE 5.4.c, 5.6.1, 5.6.p, 5.6.q, 5.6.r)
- I understand that “All liability for any non‐“ k12.wv.us” email accounts lies with the administrator and/or educator responsible for student utilization of alternative accounts. (WVBE 5.6.1)
- I will include WVBE Policy 2520.14 (21st Century Learning Skills and Technology Tools CSO’s) wherever appropriate.
- I will treat all equipment with care and respect. On equipment assigned to me that does not receive network updates, I will keep antivirus and anti‐spyware software current and perform regular, timely scans.
- I understand that these guidelines include use of personal devices such as cell phones, laptops, iPods/iPads/iPhones, MP3 players, and other electronic technologies. I will not access school network resources with personal devices without the specific permission of the school network administrator.
- I will exercise ethical cell phone and texting usage and will turn my cell phone off during instructional time. I will not operate my cell phone when I am directly responsible for supervising students.
- The technology user is personally responsible for his/her actions in accessing and utilizing the school’s technology resources. In the case of vandalism or malicious destruction of data or equipment, the user should expect to pay for repair and/or replacement of damages.
POCAHONTAS COUNTY SCHOOLS’
Acceptable Use Form Signature Page
Please return this form to your building‐level Principal contact.
I will follow the WVBE Policy 2460 and the Pocahontas County Schools’ Acceptable Use policies and rules for professional use of technology and for student use of technology.
For further information refer to both:
West Virginia State Policy 2460 (http://wvde.state.wv.us/policies
PCS policy and guidelines(http://pocahontas.k12.wvnet.edu/boe/
These policies are established to ensure safe, appropriate and educational use.